UTP and CCr
Blood and urine; Default Sample Type: See 1. UTP, 2. CCr
Test Preparation Needed
No patient preparation required. Collect specimen as per instruction supplied from laboratory.
Transport Condition and sample stability
- Collect an unused plastic container about 4 to 5 liter capacity. (Used container is not acceptable). Use wide mouth, lidded container.
- Select your collection starting time. Select your time in such a way that you can give the sample to the laboratory within our office hours (7:00 am – 8:00 pm). Mark the collection time with patient's name and age on the container.
- At the selected time, void and discard the urine. After this, whenever you go for urination, collect the urine sample in the selected container.
- After collecting first urine sample, pour the chemical (into urine) that is supplied from the laboratory. Collect the total urine up to the next day same time, and on the exact time, void urine in the container to end your collection.
- Be careful that the urine does not fall outside the container. If it happens then the result will not be accurate.
- For Creatinine Clearance ratio (CCR) test, you will require to provide blood sample during last one hour of urine collection period and record height and weight. For example, if you start urine collection today at 10 am then you will have to give blood sample next day between 9-10 AM.
- After completion of the collection, bring the urine container to the lab as early as possible; give it to the specimen reception counter..
- Diet- normal diet. Don’t take alcohol. For VMA, also avoid coffee, tea, tobacco or nicotine patch, bananas, citrus fruits.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Test Turn Around Time