Faecal Streptococci (Water Sample)
Test Preparation Needed
- Collect sterile container from the specimen reception unit.
- Do not open the sterile container cap before sample collection.
- Clean the water source end (tubewell/tap) with clean tissue.
- Discard the water from the source for 1-2 minutes.
- Sterilize the water source end with alcohol, candle or burner.
- Again discard the water from the source for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the container cap and collect the water into the container.
- Avoid the contact with inside of the container with hand or source at the time of sample collection
- Close the water source before the container is full.
- Bring the water sample to the laboratory within two hours of collection. If it is not possible then preserve it in refrigerator (40-100c) not more than 24 hours.
- Write name and collection date on the container and give it to the specimen reception unit.
- Samples are not received on Friday, Saturday, and Govt. holiday’s.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,