Blood; Default Sample Type: Lithium Heparinized plasma (green cap tube with or without gel); Alternate Sample Type: Serum (yellow cap tube with or without gel,red cap tube),K2EDTA plasma
Test Preparation Needed
- Sample should be collected after a 12 hour fasting
- During fasting period do not eat anything.
- You can drink only water.
- Do not drink juice, coffee, tea or any other beverage.
- You can take medicine unless your physician tells you not to
- For the most accurate results, wait at least two months after a heart attack, surgery, infection, injury or pregnancy.
Transport Condition and sample stability
Bring sample to the lab within three hours after collection in ambient temperature; in case of processed sample (e.g., for researchers, field collection), stable for 7 days at 2-8°C, 2 days at 15-25°C
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Test Turn Around Time
- Total Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol